- Cardiovascular Care Checklist of Best Practices : A checklist for athletic trainers and team physicians that provides at-a-glance recommendations to help schools provide cardiovascular care for college athletes and prepare for life-threatening cardiac events.
- Concussion Diagnosis and Management Best Practices: A resource of best practice guidance for team physicians and athletic trainers to support and promote concussion and repetitive head impact exposure safety for college athletes.
- Concussion Safety Video: A video for student-athletes that provides information about concussion safety.
- Concussion Safety Fact Sheets: Fact sheets for student-athletes and coaches that provide quick and easy-to-read information about concussion safety. Hard copies of these fact sheets will be mailed to athletics health care administrators this August to distribute to new student-athletes and coaches.
- Concussion Safety Protocol Checklist: A resource for athletic trainers and team physicians that provides step-by-step guidance for the implementation of an athletics department's concussion management plan.
- Year-Round Football Practice Contact Recommendations: A resource for football coaches and other personnel that provides year-round football practice guidance and addresses student-athlete safety and head impact exposure.
DOPING AND SUBSTANCE ABUSE PREVENTION
- NCAA Drug Testing Program: A webpage with information and resources about the NCAA Drug Testing Program.
- Substance Abuse Prevention Tool Kit: A tool kit to assist athletics administrators and their campus colleagues in efforts to reduce recreational and illicit substance abuse and to promote healthy choices and a positive environment for college athletes.
- Substance Use Fact Sheet: An infographic for student-athletes that includes facts and figures about substance use.
- Marijuana Fact Sheet: An infographic for student-athletes that includes facts and figures about the health, performance and legal impacts of using marijuana.
- What Student-Athletes Need to Know About Marijuana : A scripted PowerPoint template for athletics administrators to use in educating student-athletes about the facts of marijuana usage.
- Mental Health Best Practices: A resource with best practice guidance for athletics administrators and campus partners to use in support of student-athlete mental wellness.
- Mental Health Modules : Interactive educational modules for student-athletes, coaches, and faculty athletics representatives that help promote mental wellness and resiliency and encourage and destigmatize help-seeking for mental health concerns.
- Mental Health Interdisciplinary Team Planner: A worksheet to assist athletics administrators identify tasks and resources associated with a comprehensive approach to understanding and supporting student-athlete mental wellness.
SEXUAL ASSAULT AND INTERPERSONAL VIOLENCE
- Sexual Violence Prevention Tool Kit: A resource that provides resource-independent tools for athletics administrators and university partners to address sexual violence prevention.
DATA DRIVEN DECISIONS
- NCAA Injury Surveillance Program : A program designed to track and analyze sport-related injuries and medical illnesses. Additional membership participation in the program is needed. For information about how to sign-up your school to participate, click here.
OTHER HEALTH AND SAFETY ISSUES
- Catastrophic Sport Injury Reporting : NCAA Association-wide legislation requires member schools to report annually on all student-athlete fatalities and catastrophic injuries, regardless of whether such fatality/injury is sport-related. For more information or to report a catastrophic injury, click here.
For questions about any of the resources provided by the SSI, email us at email@example.com.